Use Case – Stock Photographers
The client is a photography studio based in Belgrade, Serbia. They sell commercial stock images online and are one of the largest contributors on Stocksy United. The company has 10 employees who coordinate different stages of the shooting process including:
- Deciding on the shooting theme
- Picking and scouting the location
- Finding and booking models
- Preparing models (hair, makeup and styling)
- Deciding on attire and props
- Photo retouching, uploading and keywording
The process from deciding on the shooting theme to uploaded photos has a lot of steps and stages that has to be covered. When you add the work that has to be done to the high production volume that the studio has (25 to 30 shootings every month), the whole thing can very fast become the logistics nightmare.
The most important part of every photoshoot, for this particular studio, are models. Models are usually the main subject of their photoshoots and models are the ones who are telling the story that the photographers decided to portrait.
Considering the high shooting volume this studio has, they are in constant need for new models. They were looking for models on Facebook, Instagram, approaching random people on the street and asking people they know if they want to be models. Even when they were lucky enough to convince someone to be a model, there was no way to know how comfortable that person is going to be in front of the camera, because almost none of them ever worked as a model. The studio had a lot of shootings they had to redo because of the inexperienced models. As a result, they usually used the same models all the time, because they just could not find enough good models as fast as they needed.
- First, they were introduced to our user base that is constantly growing and improving. Our scouts are doing the job for them discovering and educating new models every day, all the time.
- We developed simple filtering system, allowing them to find and book models fast and easy.
- Our developers created easy 3 step process where models can signup and provide all important informations that studio needs when booking models.
- Using Shootset, studio now can plan shooting, book and manage models easily months ahead.
- We introduced reviews, in order to help them pick the best model for every shooting, every time.
- We made communication during booking process easier and well organized, with all info in one place.
- Paying models online through platform is a huge benefit as well. There is no more bringing money to the location and paying models in cash, because everything is done through Shootset platform.
Studio now creates multiple shootings months ahead, finds perfect models for each shooting exploring our vast user base that is constantly growing, and manages models for all the shootings individually. Shootset has made possible and easy for them to communicate with models and pay them as well, once the shooting is confirmed.
Shootset has simplified model management for this studio, and saved them a lot of time and money they used to spend looking for models, and redoing unsuccessful shootings. With Shootset the studio now can concentrate all their energy on creativity.
✔ Find and book models easy, in half the time.
✔ Better and faster filtering – Find the best models for every shooting, every time.
✔ Easier communication during booking process – All info in one place.
✔ Large model base that is constantly growing.
✔ Saved them a lot of time and money – on the shootings they usually needed to redo.